Math Resources for teaching multiplication, unit conversions, geometry, math laws and more…
The following links may be used for basic math facts at the elementary school age. The links also correlate as supplemental math resources for the Classical Conversations Foundations program and include online games, printable games, activities, worksheets, and more for memorizing skip counting, math facts, math formulas, and math laws.
Scroll to the bottom for a list sorted by topic.
Math resource highlights
- Skipping to Oregon File Folder Game: Skip count by 2s, 3s, 4s, and 5s with this Oregon-Trail-themed game
- Multiplication File Folder Games (2s through 12s)
- Hundreds Chart Skip Counting Activity Ideas
- Roll-the-Die Fact Family Triangles
- Printable Buggy Boards
- Multiplication Madness – 50-page download with 8 games
- I Have… Who Has Multiplication Cards
- Sizing up Sampson Measurement File Folder Game (inches/feet conversion)
- Math-drills.com is a great website for math drill sheets on addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, measurement, fractions, and a number of other math concepts.
- These multiplication wheel worksheets can assist with memorizing those multiplication math facts (up to 12s).
- Download a free version of the Timez Attack video game. (Click on downloads.) Sometimes a bit intense for sensitive children, but it’s an effective game for math fact mastery.
- The Toymaker has a fun skip counter and multipies.
Also available for free on currclick are Skip Counting Drill Sheets from Lilliput Station.
Dinah Zyke’s Teaching Mathematics with Foldables provides a method of learning new math concepts using graphic organizers in the form of foldables. When I taught public high-school and middle-school math, these were a big hit!
If your child likes cartoons or is having trouble memorizing his multiplication facts, check out the samples at Times Tables the Fun Way. Our children LOVE these!
Schoolhouse Rock has some great Multiplication songs for facts up to 12s tables.
You can print or use an interactive Times Table at Mathisfun.com (also has worksheets, on-line math fact practice, and other activities)
Out of the following, our family has used the file folder games (the children enjoy them, but they take quite a bit of prep work for the teacher!), Timez Attack, and xtramath.org. Our family has most consistently used:
- Timez Attack
- Multiplication Fact Drill Sheets 1×1 through 15×15 from PrintNPractice (highlighted in purple)!
- Triangular Fact Family Multiplication Division Flashcards
- Circle and Write Skip Counting Page
- Skip Count Mazes 1-12
- Skip Count Mazes through 20s
- Number Line Skip Counting and Multiplication Sheets
Because of the enormous amount of time it takes for me to research in compiling these link lists, I ask that you do not copy and paste the links in other documents, websites, or emails, but instead send people to this webpage. Thank you for honoring this request!
If you have a favorite math resource to share with others, please leave a comment or email me directly at halfahundredacrewood@ gmail.com
Bible resources (not specifically for Classical Conversations), click here.
How to organize everything, click here.
How we do Classical Conversations at home, click here.
What a day in the life of our Classical Conversations Community looks like, click here.
How to supplement CC on a shoestring, click here.