Math Resources for Classical Conversations (All Cycles, All Weeks) or for anybody just looking for resources related to teaching multiplication, unit conversions, geometry, and math laws…
Although it’s not necessary to supplement Classical Conversations (aside from a language arts and math program), if you’d like to use some supplemental math memory work resources, here are some for you to peruse and glean what you can. But please remember… it is much more important just to memorize the math facts presented in Classical Conversations Foundations Guide, 4th Edition than it is to complete a whole bunch of activities. Even so, these activities may prove to help with the memorization of those math facts.
- Skipping to Oregon File Folder Game: Skip count by 2s, 3s, 4s, and 5s with this Oregon-Trail-themed game
- Multiplication File Folder Games (2s through 12s)
- Hundreds Chart Skip Counting Activity Ideas
- Roll-the-Die Fact Family Triangles
- Printable Buggy Boards
- Multiplication Madness – 50-page download with 8 games
- I Have… Who Has Multiplication Cards
- Sizing up Sampson Measurement File Folder Game (inches/feet conversion)
- Math-drills.com is a great website for math drill sheets on addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, measurement, fractions, and a number of other math concepts.
- These multiplication wheel worksheets can assist with memorizing those multiplication math facts (up to 12s).
- Download a free version of the Timez Attack video game. (Click on downloads.)
- The Toymaker has a fun skip counter and multipies.
Also available for free on currclick are Skip Counting Drill Sheets from Lilliput Station.
Dinah Zyke’s Teaching Mathematics with Foldables provides a method of learning new math concepts using graphic organizers in the form of foldables. When I taught public high-school and middle-school math, these were a big hit!
If your child likes cartoons or is having trouble memorizing his multiplication facts, check out the samples at Times Tables the Fun Way. Our children LOVE these!
Schoolhouse Rock has some great Multiplication songs for facts up to 12s tables.
You can print or use an interactive Times Table at Mathisfun.com (also has worksheets, on-line math fact practice, and other activities)
Out of the following, our family has used the file folder games (the children enjoy them, but they take quite a bit of prep work for the teacher!), the Toymaker Skip Counter, and xtramath.org. But our family has most used consistently:
If you have a favorite math resource to share with others, please leave a comment or email me directly at halfahundredacrewood@ gmail.com
Bible resources (not specifically for Classical Conversations), click here.
How to organize everything, click here.
How we do Classical Conversations at home, click here.
What a day in the life of our Classical Conversations Community looks like, click here.
How to supplement CC on a shoestring, click here.