After a couple of months of drinking Nestle Quick, we’ve finally created the project that we originally planned to do this summer as part of our Native American study. But alas! It tied in nicely with our study of Pilgrims, Squanto, and the writing of a Native American poem….
- Nestle Quick Can
- Can Opener
- 4 balloons
- 2 rubber bands
- 2 Sheets of Construction Paper
- Markers or crayons
- Unsharpened pencil
- Remove lid and cut off bottom of can with can opener.
- Snip balloons at neck.
- Stretch one balloon on one end of can (this may take two people). Repeat for double layer.
- Secure with a rubber band.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 for other end of can.
- Trim construction paper to fit around can, and tape to can.
- Draw a design on the construction paper.
- Use the eraser of a pencil to play.
For the visual learner: