As we look ahead to Weeks 13-18 of Classical Conversations Cycle 3, we look forward to using some of the following Chemistry resources.
- The Golden Book of Chemistry Experiments by Robert Brent contains over 200 simple science experiments that you can do at home. It includes a basic introduction to the science and history of chemistry along with illustrations.
- Find some fun and simple science experiments on Superteacherworksheets.com.
- Homeschoolshare's Multi-Age Chemistry Unit Lap-n-Note
- Download the Periodic Table in Pictures from Keith's Thinkzone, a resource that contains all sorts of neat puzzles and other resources for science, math, history, geography, art & music.
- Teacher Book Bag also offers a Periodic Table of Elements Card Kit on Currclick.
- Download an entire set of Periodic Table worksheets and activities at the Five J's.
- This Interactive Periodic Table really helps to understand the layout of the Elements and provides some history and other information as well.
- Ellen J McHenry provides this homemade board game to help in learning the arrangement of the elements and the idea of valence. Another game, Element Connections (recommended for ages 9-14), is also offered on this site, as well as a game for learning about organic molecules. Her Quick Six Game uses element flashcards that can be downloaded here. The flashcards by themselves are great! (You can also try making a Periodic Table Pillowcase in hopes that learning by osmosis works.)
- Try on-line games to practice your chemistry at Sheppard Software and Jefferson Lab (which includes Element flash cards, an Element Math Game, an Element Balancing Game, and several others).
- An advanced Photographic Periodic Table interactive provides details that older students may like to see.
- Other Periodic Table Resources:
Though the above items are free, our primary (purchased) resource for our Chemistry studies is Mr. Q's Elementary Chemistry Curriculum. That's because, no matter how free something is, it still does not match Mr. Q's curriculum!
For our complete list of free Cycle 3 Resources (including history, English grammar, math, and geography), please vist our Cycle 3 Resources page. Happy Planning!