|Our tri-fold board gets a facelift|
- Purchase a 35.5" x 46" cardboard tri-fold board (from places like Wal-Mart, close to where they sell posterboard) and a package of 8.5" x 11" Page Protectors. Cut 5 of them in half to make 10 8.5" x 5.5" sleeves. (Or you can purchase a package of 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" page protectors).
- Tape a row of eight of these modified protectors across the top of the tri-fold board (in portrait orientation) to use for 7 Classical Acts and Facts History Timeline Cards and 1 science card. You will only need 7 if you are not using the Classical Acts and Facts Science Cards.
- Tape the remaining two half-sized protectors to the top of each flap (in landscape orientation) for two timeline review printouts that list the timeline up to the current week.
- Ensure that you have sealed off all but the top of the protectors to keep the cards from sliding out.
- Underneath the row of eight half-sized protectors, tape a row of four 8.5 x 11" Page Protectors followed by another row of four 8.5 x 11" Page Protectors. You can use slides off of the Classical Conversations Memory Work Resources CD or off of CC Connected (C3). For CC Connected users, the files for Cycle 1 Memory Work can be downloaded by conducting a search for the following CC Connected file names and users:
File Name User C1 Geography Semester 1.ppt foundations Cy1 Science Semester 1.ppt foundations Cy1 History Semester 1.ppt foundations Latin C1 Wk 1-24 Tri-fold.pdf MomBrown Cycle 1 Math.pdf brandyferrell Cycle 1 English Grammar.pdf brandyferrell Cycle 1 Bible brandyferrell CC Cycle 1 Fine Arts.pdf (Also another version of science is available: CC Cycle 1 Science.pdf) annettelam 2012 CY1 HistHighs (4 FINAL) 1st semester.pdf foundations 2012 Cy1 Science Snippets 1st semester(4).pdf foundations
Semester 2 Update:
File Name User History Semester 2.ppt fmoderator1 Geography Semester 2.ppt fmoderator1 Science Semester 2.ppt fmoderator1 Latin C1 Wk 1-24 Tri-fold.pdf MomBrown Cycle 1 Math.pdf brandyferrell Cycle 1 English Grammar.pdf brandyferrell Cycle 1 Bible brandyferrell CC Cycle 1 Fine Arts.pdf (Also another version of science & geography is available: CC Cycle 1 Science.pdf & CC Cycle 1 Geography.pdf) annettelam 2012 CY1 HistHighs (4 FINAL) 2nd semester.pdf fmoderator1 2012 Cy1 Science Snippets 2nd semester(4).pdf fmoderator1
NOTE: In the photo above, we only have one timeline review printout because the board is set up for Week 1. After Week 6, we will have two timeline review sheets so that we can have all 12 weeks of timeline up when we break for Christmas and so on. Thanks to The Corkums for the Timeline Review Sheet idea! We've not had this in the past, and it will really be handy to have this year! (You can also find our Timeline Review sheets under filename Timeline Review 2nd Semester - Half-size.pdf and username brandyferrell on CC Connected.)
*I am unable to provide direct links because they will work regardless of whether or not you have a subscription to CC Connected. Also, check under my username, brandyferrell, for pdf versions of the Geography, Science and History for Semester 1and under username Ekvcharvey forSemester 2).
Our board is currently set up as follows (though subjects may be placed in a little different order).
For more on organizing and planning, visit this post.