|Our tri-fold board gets a facelift|
- Purchase a 35.5" x 46" cardboard tri-fold board (from places like Wal-Mart, close to where they sell posterboard) and a package of 8.5" x 11" Page Protectors. Cut 5 of them in half to make 10 8.5" x 5.5" sleeves. (Or you can purchase a package of 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" page protectors).
- Tape a row of eight of these modified protectors across the top of the tri-fold board (in portrait orientation) to use for 7 Classical Acts and Facts History Timeline Cards and 1 science card. You will only need 7 if you are not using the Classical Acts and Facts Science Cards.
- Tape the remaining two half-sized protectors to the top of each flap (in landscape orientation) for two timeline review printouts that list the timeline up to the current week.
- Ensure that you have sealed off all but the top of the protectors to keep the cards from sliding out.
- Underneath the row of eight half-sized protectors, tape a row of four 8.5 x 11" Page Protectors followed by another row of four 8.5 x 11" Page Protectors. You can use slides off of the Classical Conversations Memory Work Resources CD or off of CC Connected (C3). For CC Connected users, the files for the current cycle's Memory Work can be downloaded by conducting a search for the CC Connected file names and users as listed below.
Attention Tutors: This is not to be used in the CC classroom - this is specifically for at-home use. Please abide but what you learned in your tutor training and use the whiteboard for introducing new grammar. Tutors are to use a stick-in-the-sand approach, even for abecedarians, who are learning the process of what will be done in the years to come. Writing is a major tool of classical education, and it's something simple that all parents can replicate at home, even without a subscription to CC Connected. If you have questions, please contact your director about this policy [which has been handed down from the Classical Conversations Foundations Program Manager].
Rather than try to do a reformat of the following table, I decided to simply write this as an announcement: Slides are up for all subjects by user email@example.com. Look for six .pdf files that begin with "Complete Tri Fold 4th ed Cycle 2 Weeks…" Also, the official Classical Conversations files are uploaded by fmoderator1. Happy Downloading!Cycle 2:
File Name User Math Slides - All Cycles.pdf; AND tables for Masters tri fold.pdf brandyferrell; lelwalker TRIFOLD_Science Cycle 2_FINAL.pdf brandyferrell (file created by graceincreased; I only converted to pdf) Download Latin Charts by clicking here (This document includes both noun declensions on pages 1-6 (Cycle 1) and conjugation verb endings (Cycle 2) on pages page 7-13 (excluding page 10). (External to CC - Classical Academic Press. File includes both declensions and conjugations.) C2 Art:Music.pdf LivPurple C2_BIBLE, Wks 1-24_Ephesians 6 board signs, Plain.pdf 3sojourner4him Timeline Review - Half-Size.pdf and Timeline Review 2nd Semester - Half-Size.pdf brandyferrell TRIFOLD History Cycle 2 Weeks 1-12(1).pdf and TRIFOLD History Cycle 2 Weeks 13-24.pdf brandyferrell (files created by graceincreased; I only converted to pdf) Cycle 2, 4th edition, English Grammar Weeks 1-24, Trifold v3.pdf brandyferrell (file created by tamraclove I only converted to pdf) C2 Geography Semester 1 4th edition blackline with color labels shrunk.pdf deniseforsythe99 Cy2 SciSnips FINAL Wk1.pdf (12 separate files - change week # for each) fmoderator1
Cycle 1 Semester 1
File Name User C1 Geography Semester 1.ppt foundations Cy1 Science Semester 1.ppt foundations Cy1 History Semester 1.ppt foundations Latin C1 Wk 1-24 Tri-fold.pdf MomBrown Cycle 1 Math.pdf brandyferrell Cycle 1 English Grammar.pdf brandyferrell Cycle 1 Bible brandyferrell CC Cycle 1 Fine Arts.pdf (Also another version of science is available: CC Cycle 1 Science.pdf) annettelam 2012 CY1 HistHighs (4 FINAL) 1st semester.pdf foundations 2012 Cy1 Science Snippets 1st semester(4).pdf foundations
Cycle 1 Semester 2:
File Name User History Semester 2.ppt fmoderator1 Geography Semester 2.ppt fmoderator1 Science Semester 2.ppt fmoderator1 Latin C1 Wk 1-24 Tri-fold.pdf MomBrown Cycle 1 Math.pdf brandyferrell Cycle 1 English Grammar.pdf brandyferrell Cycle 1 Bible brandyferrell CC Cycle 1 Fine Arts.pdf (Also another version of science & geography is available: CC Cycle 1 Science.pdf & CC Cycle 1 Geography.pdf) annettelam 2012 CY1 HistHighs (4 FINAL) 2nd semester.pdf fmoderator1 2012 Cy1 Science Snippets 2nd semester(4).pdf fmoderator1
NOTE: In the photo above, we only have one timeline review printout because the board is set up for Week 1. After Week 6, we will have two timeline review sheets so that we can have all 12 weeks of timeline up when we break for Christmas and so on. Thanks to The Corkums for the Timeline Review Sheet idea! We've not had this in the past, and it will really be handy to have this year! (You can also find our Timeline Review sheets under filename Timeline Review 2nd Semester - Half-size.pdf and username brandyferrell on CC Connected.)
*I am unable to provide direct links because they will work regardless of whether or not you have a subscription to CC Connected. Also, check under my username, brandyferrell, for pdf versions of the Geography, Science and History for Semester 1and under username Ekvcharvey forSemester 2).
Our board is currently set up as follows (though subjects may be placed in a little different order).
DIY Tri-Fold Whiteboard:
For those who need a tri-fold whiteboard (tutors who need to tote a whiteboard to class or families who do not have space to hang a whiteboard in their homes):
Visit this post about making a DIY tri-fold whiteboard or this post by another CC tutor who uses the same type of board.
Visit this post about how to use the tri-fold whiteboard creatively at home or in class.
For more on organizing and planning, visit this post.